There are many great wooden toys available that can provide children with hours of creative and imaginative play. Here are a few of my favorite:
- Building Blocks: Wooden building blocks come in various sizes and shapes, allowing children to build towers, bridges, and other structures. They can also develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.Grimm’s Wooden Toys (Germany) and Raduga Grez (Russia) are two popular brands based in metric measurements. Lakeshore Learning and Everwood Friends are unit block styles.
- Wooden Puzzles: Wooden puzzles come in a variety of shapes and designs, from simple jigsaw puzzles to more complex 3D puzzles (hello Lara). Puzzles help kids with problem-solving skills and spatial awareness.
- Train Sets: Wooden train sets come with tracks and trains that can be assembled into various configurations. Brio is the de facto brand, but others also exist. Trains are a great way for kids to develop their creativity and imagination.
- Doll houses: For girls and boys, doll houses are a great backdrop for imaginative play – creating stories from the worlds kids experience.
- Play Kitchen: Wooden play kitchens come with stoves, ovens, and other accessories that can provide children with hours of pretend play. What’s not to love about a good ole fashioned wooden block served on a plate?
- Push Toys: Wooden push toys, such as wagons and walkers, help toddlers develop their motor skills and coordination, as well as encourage physical activity.
Hope you enjoy this quick starter piece to get into the world of wooden toys.